Pumpkin Mascarpone Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat mascarpone or cream cheese, egg yolk, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, the remaining 2 eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Dollop the mascarpone mixture over the pumpkin mixture. Pull a thin metal spatula gently through dollops to swirl fillings.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie
- In a medium bowl stir together the all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time (using a total of 4 to 5 tablespoons water), until all flour mixture is moistened. Form dough in ball. On lightly floured surface use hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp and form a high edge to keep filling from bubbling over. Do not prick pastry.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Mascarpone Pie)
- Per serving:
- 377 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 121 mg chol.,
- 124 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet