Upload your photo here.
Pumpkin Hazelnut Pie
- In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the piecrust. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted off center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate until serving time.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and cool pie; cover and chill up to 2 days. Store pastry leaves for garnish in airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
To make pastry cutouts for decorating the pie, reserve the pastry scraps. Cut into leaf shapes. Place on a baking sheet. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Arrange on baked pie.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- Stir together all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough,using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry. Bake as directed in individual recipes.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Hazelnut Pie)
- Per serving:
- 427 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 80 mg chol.,
- 118 mg sodium,
- 55 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet