Polenta-Topped Cherry Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For topping, in a medium bowl stir together flour, polenta mix, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat pie filling until bubbly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cover and keep hot. Add the 1/3 cup half-and-half to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer hot pie filling to a 2-quart square baking dish. Immediately drop topping by rounded teaspoons onto pie filling. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until topping is light brown. If desired, serve with additional half-and-half. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Polenta-Topped Cherry Cobbler)
- Per serving:
- 441 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 498 mg sodium,
- 77 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 41 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet