- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 45 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and roll out pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
- For filling, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in pecan halves.
- Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Makes 8 slices.
From the Test Kitchen
Chocolate Pecan Pie:
Prepare as above, except before adding the filling to the pastry-lined pie plate, pat 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces onto bottom of pastry shell. Pour filling over the top of the chocolate pieces.
Per slice: 581 cal., 33 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 101 mg chol., 205 mg sodium, 71 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 7 g pro.
Daily Values: 7% vit. A, 3% calcium,11% iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 3 1/2 Other Carbo., 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 5 1/2 Fat
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- Stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan Pie)
- Per serving:
- 536 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 101 mg chol.,
- 205 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 49 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet