- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts or pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Sifted powdered sugar
1. For filling, beat together cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in chocolate-hazelnut spread and the whipping cream. Stir in nuts. Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill up to 2 hours.
2. For puffs, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, the flour, and cocoa powder; set aside. Combine water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to boiling. Add flour mixture all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition until smooth.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons into 24 mounds 1 inch apart on a greased extra-large baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool.
4. Cut tops from puffs; remove soft dough from inside. Fill with cream mixture up to 2 hours before serving. Chill until serving time. Makes 24 (12 servings).
- Prepare puffs; cool. Place in airtight container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw 20 minutes at room temperature before filling.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 328,
- Fat, total (g) 24,
- chol. (mg) 116,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 23,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 210,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet