No-Peel Apple Pie
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Meanwhile, core and slice unpeeled apples (you should have 8 cups). In a large mixing bowl combine apples with water and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl stir together 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and spice. Drain apples well; add to sugar mixture and toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- Unfold one pie crust. Place on a lightly floured surface. Unfold the second crust and place on top of the first. Roll the two crusts together from center to edge into a 14-inch circle. Ease the pastry into a 9-inch pie plate, letting crust hang over the edge.
- Spoon apple filling into the pastry-lined pie plate. Fold the pastry up and over the filling, pleating the pastry to fit. Brush crust with whipping cream or milk. Sprinkle the pie with coarse and/or granulated sugar. Cover the edge of the pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 30 minutes more or until crust is golden. Cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. Serve pie while warm with whipped cream, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (No-Peel Apple Pie)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 202 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet