- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ounce canpumpkin
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (such as pecan halves, cashew halves, and/or pine nuts)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Place prepared pie crust in pie plate. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Stir in pumpkin, half-and-half, and maple extract. Stir in sugar, flour, lemon peel, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Pour pumpkin mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Cover edge of the pie with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake for 35 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together nuts and butter. Remove foil from pie. Sprinkle nuts over the top of the pie, leaving about a 1-inch border around the edge.
3. Bake about 10 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (push nuts to the side to check doneness, then push nuts back into place). Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
- Prepare and bake pie as directed. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Drizzle with syrup just before serving. Makes 8 servings.