Alan's Pie Pastry
tablespoon kosher salt (such as Diamond® crystal)
teaspoon baking powder
cups cold unsalted butter, cut up
cup ice cold water
tablespoons sour cream
- In a very large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter leaving pea sized chunks.
- In a 2 cup glass measure whisk water, sour cream, and vinegar; pour, all at once into flour mixture, and quickly distribute. Stop!
- Make sure dough is slightly crumbly. Divide dough mixture into 3 equal portions (about 12 to 13 ounces each) Refrigerate for 2 hours and best overnight (finish by hand). DO NOT OVERMIX- the finished dough should break, not stretch.
- Gently knead in bag to bring dough together. Form into discs.
- Use at once or wrap and store in refrigerator for several days or in freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator if frozen.
Nutrition Facts(Alan's Pie Pastry)
- Per serving:
- 1551 kcal cal.,
- 111 g fat
- (69 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 28 g monounsatured fat),
- 289 mg chol.,
- 408 mg sodium,
- 124 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet