Mini Pumpkin Pudding Pies
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Divide chilled pastry into 8 portions. On a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a 7 inch circle. Line eight 4-3/8 to 5-inch foil or metal tart pans with pastry. Fold edge under and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk, pudding mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide among the prepared crusts, spreading evenly. Cover lightly and chill at least 2 hours. To serve, top with Spiced Whipped Cream; sprinkle lightly with pumpkin pie spice. Makes 8 pies; each serves one or two.
Spiced Whipped Cream
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. Using fork, cut in shortening and unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces until crumbly. Using fork, stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just starts to form. Knead 2 or 3 times in bowl. Wrap with plastic wrap chill at lest 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Pumpkin Pudding Pies)
- Per serving:
- 222 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 350 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet