- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 Recipe Butter Pastry, recipe below
- 1 12 ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 - 3 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- Sliced kumquats and sage leaves (optional)
1. Prepare Butter Pastry.
2. In saucepan combine cranberries, orange peel, orange juice, raisins, and dried cranberries; bring to boiling over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. In bowl combine sugar and flour; add to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Divide pastry into 8 portions. On lightly floured surface roll four of the portions into 7-inch circles and four into 6-inch circles. Line four 4-3/8- to 5-inch foil or metal tart pans with the 7-inch circles; trim pastry even with rim.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup cranberry filling. Divide remaining cranberry filling among pans. Cut remaining 4 6-inch circles into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Weave strips over fruit filling in lattice pattern. Press strips into bottom pastry rim. Seal and crimp edge; if desired. Brush with egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
5. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour before serving. To serve, stir 1/4 cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping into reserved filling. Use to top pies; add sliced kumquats and sage leaves, if desired. Makes 4 pies, 2 servings per pie.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chilled shortening
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
- 8 - 9 tablespoons ice water
1. In bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. Using fork in bowl, cut shortening and butter into 1/2-inch pieces until crumbly. Using fork, stir in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just starts to form. Knead 2 or 3 times in bowl. Wrap with plastic wrap; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 608,
- Fat, total (g) 34,
- chol. (mg) 162,
- sat. fat (g) 20,
- carb. (g) 73,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 7,
- sodium (mg) 229,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet