- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie (see recipe below) or 1 rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (1/2 of a 15-oz. pkg.)
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Rum raisin or vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes more or until crust is lightly browned cool. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In saucepan bring maple syrup to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
3. In medium bowl beat eggs with electric mixer on medium to high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
4. In large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated and brown sugar; beat to combine. Beat in reduced syrup and eggs. Fold in walnuts, vanilla, rum, and nutmeg. Pour into prebaked crust.
5. Bake pie on baking sheet in lower third of oven 35 minutes or until set around edges; cool. Serve with ice cream. Makes 10 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 4 - 5 tablespoons cold water
1. Stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 526,
- Fat, total (g) 30,
- chol. (mg) 82,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 60,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 7,
- vit. A (IU) 292,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 135,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet