Maple-Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie
recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
15 ounce can pumpkin
cup pure maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
teaspoon ground cinnamon
eggs, lightly beaten
recipe Maple Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust pie.
- For filling, in a bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs; beat with a fork until combined. Gradually add milk; stir until combined.
- Carefully pour filling in pastry shell. Cover edge of pie crust with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
- To serve, if desired, top with Maple Whipped Cream. Makes 8 servings.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- In bowl stir together flour and salt. Using pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Form dough in ball. On floured surface flatten with hands. Roll dough from center to edges into 13-inch circle. To transfer pastry, wrap around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry.
Maple Whipped Cream
cup whipping cream
tablespoon pure maple syrup
- In chilled medium bowl combine whipping cream and pure maple syrup. With mixer on medium speed beat until soft peaks form.
Nutrition Facts(Maple-Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie)
- Per serving:
- 276 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 82 mg chol.,
- 361 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet