- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 55 mins 375°F
Light-Style Pumpkin Pie
recipe Oil Pastry (see recipe below)
12.3 ounce package light firm silken-style tofu (fresh bean curd)
15 ounce can pumpkin
cup sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground cloves
Light frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
Ground cinnamon (optional)
Chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Oil Pastry. On a well-floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten pastry dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Flute or crimp edge as desired. Do not prick.
- Place tofu in a blender. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape down side of container as necessary. Add pumpkin, sugar, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the salt, ginger, and cloves. Cover and blend until well mixed. Pour pumpkin mixture into pastry-lined pie plate, spreading to an even layer.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 30 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
- To serve, if desired, top with whipped topping, additional ground cinnamon, and crystallized ginger.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Equal Sugar Lite. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 164 cal., 24 carbo. Exchanges: 0.5 other carbohydrates.
cup cooking oil
cup fat-free milk
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Add oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork until combined (dough will appear crumbly). Use your hands to gently work dough into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Light-Style Pumpkin Pie)
- Per serving:
- 190 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 151 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet