Light and Luscious Pumpkin Pie
Serve this pumpkin pie when you need a low-calorie and low-fat dessert. Light means using oil in the pastry, fat-free milk, fat-free topping, and egg substitute.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Bake: 53 mins to 58 mins 450°F /375 degrees F
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Prepare Oil Pastry. On a well-floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Flute or crimp edge as desired. Do not prick. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add egg and vanilla. Beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling appears set (edges of filling may crack slightly).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, serve with dessert topping. Makes 10 servings.
Choose from Splenda Granular or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add cooking oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork. Form into a ball.
- 195 kcal cal.;
- 8 g Fat, total;
- 1 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 28 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 5 g pro.;
- 2 Carb Choice;
- 1 Fat;
- 108 mg sodium;
- 2 Other Carb;
- 1 Starch
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet