- Makes: 9 servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 43 mins 400°F
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Sweet Butter Pastry. On a lightly floured surface use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom and side of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, egg whites, sugar, and lemon juice. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until thick and lemon colored. Stir in melted butter and lemon peel.
- Place blackberries in bottom of baked pastry shell. Pour lemon mixture over blackberries. Bake about 30 minutes or until lemon mixture is set. Cool on wire rack. Makes 9 servings.
Sweet Butter Pastry
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time (4 to 5 tablespoons total), until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Shape into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Blackberry Pie)
- Per serving:
- 135 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- 20 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet