Holiday Fruit Pie
- Prepare Butter Pastry.
- In saucepan combine cranberries, orange peel, orange juice, raisins, and dried cranberries; bring to boiling over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. In bowl combine sugar and flour; add to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On floured surface, roll one dough portion to 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry around the rolling pin. Unroll into 9-inch pie plate. Pour in filling. Trim bottom pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge.
- On floured surface, roll remaining dough to 13-inch circle; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Weave strips over fruit filling in lattice pattern. Press strips into bottom pastry rim. Seal and crimp edge, if desired. Brush with egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cover edge with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes more or until top is nicely browned and filling is bubbly. Let stand at least 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. Using fork, cut in shortening and butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces until crumbly. Using fork, stir in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just starts for form. Knead 2 or 3 times in bowl. Divide in half. Form halves into 2 discs. Wrap with plastic wrap; chill at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Holiday Fruit Pie)
- Per serving:
- 608 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat,
- 162 mg chol.,
- 229 mg sodium,
- 73 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet