Grape Mini Pies
Grape Mini Pies
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. For filling, in a large bowl stir together grapes, brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and port wine or grape juice. Set aside.
- Let refrigerated piecrusts stand at room temperature, according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface roll each crust to a 13-inch circle. For the 4-inch pie pans, cut two 6- to 6-1/2-inch circles from each crust. Line four 4-inch pie pans with the pastry circles. For the 9-inch pie, roll out 1 of the pie crusts to a 13-inch circle (set aside remaining pie crust for another use). Trim pastry to 3/4 inch beyond the edge of the pie pans (do not fold under). Casually crimp edges letting the pastry fall over edge of pie pans in a free-form style. Transfer filling to pastry-lined pie pans.
- For the 4-inch pies bake about 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. For the 9-inch pie, cover edge of pie with foil, bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use a 1- to 2-inch leaf cookie cutter to cut four leaves from the remaining pastry. Combine egg white and water. Brush leaf cutouts with egg white mixture. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place cutouts on a cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Place a leaf cutout on each pie. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Grape Mini Pies)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 209 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet