Ginger Pumpkin Meringue Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Gingersnap-Graham Crust; bake 4 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- For filling, in bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, ginger, salt and cinnamon. Add eggs.; lightly beat with fork to combine. Gradually stir in milk and maple syrup.
- Pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Uncover edges. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully spread Brown Sugar Meringue over hot filling; seal to edge. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Loosely cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Serves 8.
Brown Sugar Meringue
- In a large bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add vanilla, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks (tips stand straight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl combine gingersnaps, graham crackers, and sugar. Stir in butter. Spread evenly on bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 4 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 piecrust.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger Pumpkin Meringue Pie)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 96 mg chol.,
- 404 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 38 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet