Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Fudgy Caramel & Peanut-Butter Brownie Pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare dough for Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry even with edge of plate. Crimp edge as desired.
- Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Sprinkle caramel bits into bottom of the baked pastry shell. In a small saucepan combine chocolate, butter, and peanut butter; cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, flour, whipping cream, liqueur, vanilla, and salt. Add chocolate mixture; whisk just until combined. Stir in peanuts. Pour over caramel bits in crust.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie loosely with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until filling appears set in center. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- Stir together all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough,using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry. Bake as directed in individual recipes.
Nutrition Facts (Fudgy Caramel & Peanut-Butter Brownie Pie)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 98 mg chol.,
- 344 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 40 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet