Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Chocolate-Mixed Nut Tart
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled Butter Pastry from center to edges into a circle about 13 inches in diameter. Line a 9x2-inch round fluted deep tart pan that has a removable bottom with the pastry circle. Trim pastry even with top edge of pan.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Whisk in corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the nuts and 1/2 cup of the chocolate pieces. Pour filling into pastry-lined tart pan. Place tart pan in a foil-lined shallow baking pan. To prevent overbrowning, cover pie edge with foil.
- Bake pie for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes more or until center seems set when gently shaken. Cool on a wire rack. Serve or cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate pieces and the shortening. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Cool slightly.
- To serve, remove side of tart pan. Carefully cut pie into wedges; transfer to dessert plates. Transfer melted chocolate to a clean, small heavy plastic bag; seal bag. Snip a small hole in one corner of the bag; drizzle melted chocolate mixture over pie wedges. If desired, top each serving with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a large chilled bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea-size. In a small bowl, beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water with a fork. Using your fingers, gently knead the mixture just until it forms a ball. (If dough won't form a ball, add another 1 tablespoon water, a little at a time.) Don't overmix; the dough should feel slightly sticky. Use your hands to slightly flatten dough into a disk about 6 inches in diameter. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until dough is firm and easy to handle.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Mixed Nut Tart)
- Per serving:
- 576 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 132 mg chol.,
- 203 mg sodium,
- 76 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet