You'll think you're indulging while you diet through the holidays. Tissue-thin layers of phyllo pastry form the crispy crust of this marbled cheese-and-cranberry dessert.
- In a small saucepan combine the cranberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and the orange juice. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens slightly, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In a food processor bowl combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, the egg, egg white, and vanilla. Process until smooth, scraping the side of bowl as necessary. Set aside.
- Spray a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate with nonstick coating. Spray 1 phyllo sheet with nonstick coating. Fold the sheet in half crosswise to form a rectangle (about 13x9 inches). Gently press the folded sheet of phyllo into the prepared tart pan, allowing ends to extend over edge of pan. Spray with nonstick coating. Spray and fold another sheet of phyllo; place across first sheet in a crisscross fashion. Spray with nonstick coating. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of phyllo. If desired, turn under edges of phyllo to form a crust.) Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into phyllo crust, spreading evenly. Spoon cranberry mixture over cream cheese mixture. Use a knife to marble mixture slightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until phyllo is lightly browned and filling is set. Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. If desired, before serving, drizzle edges of phyllo with melted white chocolate. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare tart as directed. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry Tart)
- Per serving:
- 192 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 40 mg chol.,
- 142 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet