Cranberry Chocolate Nut Pie
- In small bowl combine dried cranberries and brandy. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Drain and reserve 1 tablespoon of the brandy.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate.
- In medium bowl whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Stir in walnuts, flour and chopped baking bars until just combined. Stir in drained cranberries and 1 tablespoon of the reserved brandy mixture. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Bake for 65 minutes, loosely covering the pie with foil the last 30 minutes of baking. Cool on rack.
- Top with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Makes 10 servings.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry Chocolate Nut Pie)
- Per serving:
- 507 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 81 mg chol.,
- 160 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet