Country Apple Tart
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For tart pastry, combine flour and salt in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until dough pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push the moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with remaining water, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- Slightly flatten dough with your hands on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough from center to the edge into a 14-inch circle. Wrap pastry around rolling pin. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Arrange apple slices and figs in center of pastry, leaving a two- to three-inch border. Stir and spoon preserves evenly over fruit. Using your fingers, fold the pastry border up and over the filling, pleating the pastry to fit.
- Brush the pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning.
Nutrition Facts (Country Apple Tart)
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 84 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet