Coconut-Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge. (Do not prick.) Set aside.
- For filling: In a medium bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- In pastry shell, layer semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup coconut and pecan pieces. Pour egg mixture over all, spreading evenly. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pastry shell with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or till set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and store in refrigerator within 2 hours. If you like, serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- In a bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time over the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until all of the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Chocolate Pecan Pie)
- Per serving:
- 697 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 99 mg chol.,
- 309 mg sodium,
- 86 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 48 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet