Cherry-Almond Creamy Cheese Pie
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions. For topping, in a medium saucepan stir together cherry pie filling, cherry preserves, dried cherries, and lemon juice. Stir the cornstarch into the water until cornstarch dissolves; stir into cherry mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the almond extract. Cover and let stand while preparing pie.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll pie crust. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough from center to edges into a 13-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 10-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Fold under extra pastry even with the plate's edge. Crimp edge as desired. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 2 to 4 minutes more or just until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl crumble almond paste. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add cream cheese and beat for 30 seconds more. Add the sugar, egg, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Carefully spread filling over bottom of crust. Bake about 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Spread topping over cream cheese layer. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, top pie with Amaretto Whipped Cream and sprinkle with almonds.
From the Test Kitchen
For best results, use an almond paste made without syrup or liquid glucose.
Amaretto Whipped Cream
- In a chilled bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and amaretto or almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Almond Creamy Cheese Pie)
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 70 mg chol.,
- 153 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet