Candy Bar Pie
1 ounce bar milk chocolate with almonds, chopped
large marshmallows or 1-1/2 cups tiny marshmallows
cup whipping cream
recipe Walnut Crust
Whipped cream (optional)
Coarsely chopped milk chocolate bars with almonds (optional)
- For filling, in a medium saucepan combine the 6 chopped chocolate bars, the marshmallows, and milk. Heat and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Let the chocolate mixture stand until cooled to room temperature. Chill a large mixing bowl and beaters.
- In the chilled mixing bowl beat the 1 cup cream and the vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Fold whipped cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon chocolate mixture into Walnut Crust. Freeze about 5 hours or until firm.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and let stand about 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.* If desired, garnish with additional whipped cream and chopped chocolate bars. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For easier serving, set the pie on a warm, damp towel for a couple of minutes before cutting the first wedge.
cups coarsely ground walnuts (6 ounces)
tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- In a medium mixing bowl combine coarsely ground walnuts (6 ounces), melted butter or margarine, and sugar. Press onto the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate to form a firm, even crust. Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until edge is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts(Candy Bar Pie)
- Per serving:
- 440 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 46 mg chol.,
- 92 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet