- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry circle and trim. Crimp edge as desired.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla; stir in the chocolate mixture and nuts.
- Pour filling into a pastry-lined pie plate. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with Hot Fudge Sauce, fresh fruit, or vanilla ice cream. Makes 8 slices.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above, except substitute 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, chocolate-mint pieces, or raspberry-flavor pieces for the walnuts.
Per serving: 653 cal., 37 g total fat (20 g sat. fat, 1 g trans fat), 125 mg chol., 300 mg sodium, 79 g carbo., 4 g fiber, 8 g pro.
Exchanges: 2-1/2 Starch, 2-1/2 Other Carbo., 7 Fat
Nutrition Facts(Brownie-Walnut Pie)
- Per serving:
- 645 kcal cal.,
- 41 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 125 mg chol.,
- 298 mg sodium,
- 67 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet