- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces 56%- to 62%-cacao baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 - 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipeSweet Crema
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter insides of eight 4- to 5-ounce ramekins and lightly coat with sugar.
2. In a medium saucepan combine the 1 cup sugar and the orange juice. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add chocolate and the 1/2 cup butter, stirring until melted. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in flour, adobo sauce, and salt.
3. Place prepared ramekins in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Divide chocolate mixture evenly among the ramekins. Place baking pan on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water into the baking pan to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is set (will not have a clean knife test). Using tongs, carefully remove ramekins from the water. Place on a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. If desired, invert onto individual dessert plates. Serve warm with Sweet Crema.
- 3/4 cup Mexican Crema or sour cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar
1. In a small bowl stir together Mexican crema or sour cream and sugar.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 528,
- Fat, total (g) 33,
- chol. (mg) 152,
- sat. fat (g) 19,
- carb. (g) 55,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 221,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet