Banana Split Cupcakes
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a small bowl combine mashed banana, milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each one-half to two-thirds full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Just before serving, place some of the Sweetened Whipped Cream in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Insert tip into the top of each cupcake. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of the whipped cream into the center of each cupcake.
- For each serving, top a cupcake with a small scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate-flavor syrup. Pipe some of the remaining Sweetened Whipped Cream on top of ice cream. Top with maraschino cherries and/or nuts. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Banana Split Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 245 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 179 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet