Apple Phyllo Triangles
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl combine apple, raisins, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Lightly brush 1 sheet of the phyllo dough with some of the melted margarine. Place another sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first sheet, then brush with margarine. Top with the third sheet of phyllo. Do not brush with margarine.
- Cut the stack of phyllo sheets lengthwise into four strips.
- For each triangle, spoon one-fourth of the filling about 1 inch from one end of each strip.
- Fold the end over the filling at a 45-degree angle. Continue folding to form a triangle that encloses the filling, using the entire strip. Repeat with remaining strips of phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray coating. Brush the tops of the triangles with the remaining margarine.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare phyllo triangles but do not bake. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Bake and serve as above.
Nutrition Facts (Apple Phyllo Triangles)
- Per serving:
- 118 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 109 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g pro.