Pickled Pear Tomatoes with Rosemary
- Wash tomatoes. In a large bowl combine tomatoes, onion, crushed red pepper, and garlic; toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- In a large stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick heavy saucepan combine vinegar, the water, sugar, salt, rosemary, black peppercorns, pink peppercorns, white peppercorns, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Pack tomato mixture into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Pour hot vinegar mixture over tomato mixture in jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles in jars. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 15 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts (Pickled Pear Tomatoes with Rosemary)
- Per serving:
- 34 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 631 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet