Upload your photo here.
Piadini with Gorgonzola, Prosciutto, and Fig Jam
- In small bowl whisk together 4 tablespoons of the oil, the thyme, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 2-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add the water and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the flour mixture, stirring until a ball forms. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 3 to 4 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, and smooth, adding as much of the remaining flour as needed. Divide dough evenly into four balls.
- Roll each ball to a circle 8 to 9 inches in diameter. Brush both sides of each dough round with the oil mixture.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill dough rounds on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are browned and crisp. Turn dough rounds over; spread with fig jam and sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes more or until bottoms are browned and crisp. Remove from heat.
- Top with arugula and prosciutto. Sprinkle with pepper. Fold in half to serve.
From the Test Kitchen
Grill Pan Method:
Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook one or two dough rounds (depending on the size of your grill pan) on the hot grill pan for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are browned and crisp. Turn rounds over; spread with fig jam and sprinkle with cheese. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until bottoms are browned and crisp. Remove from heat. Repeat with the remaining dough rounds. Serve as above.
Nutrition Facts (Piadini with Gorgonzola, Prosciutto, and Fig Jam)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 762 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet