Pesto-Rubbed Pork Roast with Grilled Fruit
- Coat pork with 1/4 cup of the Mixed Herb Pesto. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place pork, fat side up, on grill rack over pan. Cover grill. Grill pork for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place pork on grill rack over burner that is off. Grill as directed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss fruit with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 30 minutes, turning to coat occasionally. Grill over direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Remove pork from grill. Cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Slice pork. Serve with grilled fruit. Pass remaining Mixed Herb Pesto.
From the Test Kitchen
GRILLED FRUIT Cooking fruit on a grill caramelizes the natural sugars while the fruit softens and becomes even juicer. Chunks or halves of fruit, marked from the grill, are savory companions to grilled meat. For grilling, select firm rather than overripe stone fruits (such as apricots, plums, and peaches) to hold their shape on the hot grill.
Mixed Herb Pesto
- In a food processor combine pine nuts, garlic, parsley, herbs, cheese, and salt. Pulse a few times to chop and combine. With processor running, slowly pour oil through feed tube. Process until well blended. Spoon pesto into an airtight container. Seal and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts (Pesto-Rubbed Pork Roast with Grilled Fruit)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 108 mg chol. ,
- 204 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.