Pesto Chicken Sandwiches
- In a small bowl combine Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over all sides of chicken; rub into chicken with your fingers. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic. In a bowl combine tomatoes and vinegar; pour over chicken mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in zucchini and sweet pepper. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread pesto mixture evenly over cut sides of bread.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Using a slotted spoon, spoon vegetable mixture onto bread bottom. Discard cooking juices. Thinly slice chicken. Arrange chicken slices over vegetables. Add basil and bread top. Cut loaf into 6 or 8 serving-size portions.
Nutrition Facts (Pesto Chicken Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 447 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 50 mg chol.,
- 830 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet