Peppermint Pretzel Candies
- Place a disposable slow cooker liner in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add candy coating, white chocolate, and shortening; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir in peppermint extract. Stir in pretzels and peppermint candies.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop candy mixture by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature until firm.
- In a small saucepan cook and stir dark chocolate over low heat until melted; cool slightly. Spoon melted dark chocolate into a decorating bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain tip. (Or fill a heavy resealable plastic bag with melted chocolate; snip a small hole in one corner of the bag.) Drizzle melted dark chocolate over candies. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint candies. Let stand at room temperature until firm.
Nutrition Facts (Peppermint Pretzel Candies)
- Per serving:
- 151 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 176 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
jklein49 228 Days Ago
I don't know what you mean by vanilla flavored candy coating,what is this?
Brenda Wyrick 237 Days Ago
Will it work without the awful plastic liner?
Barb Finch 261 Days Ago
Really, a plastic bag that will take forever to degrade in the landfill? Just dip a fork or spoon into the melted chocolate and drizzle over the candies.
Michele Hornbuckle-Arnold 585 Days Ago
How long will these candies keep in the freezer/fridge?