Peppercorn-Blue Cheese Burger With Tangy Cherry Compote
pounds ground beef chuck
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons coarsely cracked black peppercorns
ounces blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola dolce
recipe Tangy Cherry Compote, or purchased compote of choice.
hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- In a medium bowl season beef with salt. Form beef into six 3/4-inch thick patties. Spread cracked peppercorns on plate; press one side of each patty into pepper. Indent center of each patty.
- Grill patties on rack of covered charcoal or gas grill 10 to 12 minutes, directly over medium heat until done (160 degrees F), turning once midway through. Spread patties with blue cheese; let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve patties, topped with Tangy Cherry Compote, on buns. Pass remaining compote. Makes 6 burgers.
- In medium saucepan combine 1 lb (3 cups) pitted fresh or frozen tart cherries (thawed and drained), 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup dried cherries, 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, and 1 tsp. snipped fresh rosemary. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 20 minutes until thickened. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Tangy Cherry Compote
Quick Cherry Compote
pound pitted fresh or frozen (thawed and well drained) tart cherries (3 cups)
cup dried cherries
tablespoons red wine vinegar
teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Mixture may be thin. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts(Peppercorn-Blue Cheese Burger With Tangy Cherry Compote)
- Per serving:
- 523 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 85 mg chol.,
- 841 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet