- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 375°F
Pecan and Cherry-Topped Brie
17.3 ounce package (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
egg, lightly beaten
teaspoon coarse salt
teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup chopped pecans, toasted
cup snipped dried tart cherries
8 ounce round Brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. If necessary, roll pastry into a 9-inch square. Using a sharp knife or a pastry wheel, cut pastry into 1-1/2-inch squares. Place pastry squares 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Lightly brush egg mixture onto pastry squares. In another small bowl combine salt, thyme, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over pastry squares.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine pecans, dried cherries, and honey. Place cheese on a serving platter. Top cheese with some of the pecan mixture. Serve with warm pastry squares. Pass the remaining pecan mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
Hazelnut- and Apricot-Topped Brie:
Prepare as directed, except substitute chopped hazelnuts (filberts) or almonds for the pecans, snipped dried apricots for the dried cherries, and apricot preserves for the honey.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan and Cherry-Topped Brie )
- 359 kcal cal.;
- 25 g Fat, total;
- 55 mg chol.;
- 9 g sat. fat;
- 25 g carb.;
- 12 g Monosaturated fat;
- 3 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 2 g fiber;
- 10 g sugar;
- 10 g pro.;
- 364 mg sodium;
- 292 IU vit. A
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet