- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 17.3 ounce package (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup snipped dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 8 ounce round Brie cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. If necessary, roll pastry into a 9-inch square. Using a sharp knife or a pastry wheel, cut pastry into 1-1/2-inch squares. Place pastry squares 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Lightly brush egg mixture onto pastry squares. In another small bowl combine salt, thyme, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over pastry squares.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine pecans, dried cherries, and honey. Place cheese on a serving platter. Top cheese with some of the pecan mixture. Serve with warm pastry squares. Pass the remaining pecan mixture.
- Prepare as directed, except substitute chopped hazelnuts (filberts) or almonds for the pecans, snipped dried apricots for the dried cherries, and apricot preserves for the honey.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 359,
- Fat, total (g) 25,
- chol. (mg) 55,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 25,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 12,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 10,
- pro. (g) 10,
- vit. A (IU) 292,
- sodium (mg) 364,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet