Pear & Potato Salad with Pickled Mustard Seeds and Sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 12-inch oven-going skillet heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add potatoes and pears; cook until browned on edges. Transfer to oven. Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, for vinaigrette, in a medium bowl whisk together the Pickled Mustard Seeds, lemon juice, cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Stir in mint.
- In a very large bowl combine potato mixture, onion, and kale. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at once.
From the Test Kitchen
To remove the hot raw flavor from the onion, place wedges in a colander and rinse under cold running water; drain.
Pickled Mustard Seeds
- In a small saucepan combine vinegar, salt and sugar; bring to a boil. Place mustard seed in a small glass bowl; pour on boiling vinegar mixture. Cover and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts (Pear & Potato Salad with Pickled Mustard Seeds and Sausage)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 1047 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet