Peanutty Brownie Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease the foil; set pan aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the 1 cup butter, the 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, and the unsweetened chocolate. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat; whisk in granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in peanuts. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter and the 1/4 cup butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar; beat on low to medium speed until combined. Beat in 2 tablespoons of the milk and the remaining powdered sugar. Beat in enough of the remaining milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is spreading consistency. Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownies. Chill brownies for at least 20 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan bring the whipping cream to boiling. Remove from heat. Add the 8 ounces semisweet chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes (do not stir). Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth and shiny. Let glaze cool about 30 minutes or until lukewarm. Drizzle glaze over chilled brownies. Tilt pan back and forth to evenly distribute a thin layer of glaze over the peanut butter frosting. Let stand until glaze is set. Use the foil to lift the uncut brownies out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place frosted brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Peanutty Brownie Bars)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 42 mg chol.,
- 143 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet