Peanut Butter-Streusel Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. For streusel topping, in a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup of the flour and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1 tablespoon of the butter and the 2 tablespoons peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in peanuts and 1/4 cup chocolate pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until combined. Add about 1/2 cup of the remaining flour, the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, half of the milk, the egg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Add the remaining flour and the remaining milk. Beat on low to medium speed just until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate pieces.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake as directed; cool completely. Layer muffins between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap muffins in foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts(Peanut Butter-Streusel Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 26 mg chol.,
- 191 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet