Peanut Butter-Chocolate Squares
9 ounce package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (2 cups)
cup packed brown sugar
cup butter, melted
cup peanut butter
4-serving-size packages French vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
8 ounce container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
7 ounce tub dipping chocolate*
Miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (optional)
Chopped dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over ends of pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and vanilla; stir until mixture is evenly moist. Press cookie mixture firmly and evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is firm. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together peanut butter, milk and pudding mixes until combined (mixture will be stiff). Fold in one-fourth of the whipped topping and the 1 cup peanuts. Spoon peanut butter mixture evenly over crust; spread evenly. Cover and chill for for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave melt dipping chocolate according to package directions; transfer to a medium bowl. Fold together melted dipping chocolate and the remaining whipped topping until combined.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the peanut butter layer. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, lift uncut squares from pan using foil. Cut into squares. If desired, garnish each serving with a peanut butter cup and/or peanuts.
From the Test Kitchen
Find dipping chocolate in the baking aisle of your supermarket.
Nutrition Facts(Peanut Butter-Chocolate Squares)
- Per serving:
- 413 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 381 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet