Peanut Butter Brownies
ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
cup peanut butter
teaspoon baking soda
16 ounce can chocolate frosting (about 1 cup)
tablespoons peanut butter
Bite-size chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, halved (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine chopped chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; cool. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Stir sugar and the 1/4 cup peanut butter into melted chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. In a small bowl combine frosting and the 2 tablespoons peanut butter; spread over brownies. Cut into bars. If desired, top with peanut butter cups.
Nutrition Facts(Peanut Butter Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 135 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet