- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 recipe Streusel-Peanut Topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl stir together eggs, bananas, peanut butter, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold peanuts into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Swirl the 1/4 cup strawberry preserves into batter. Sprinkle Streusel-Peanut Topping over batter.
3. Bake for about 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
4. After bread stands overnight, place 2 Tbsp. strawberry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 15 to 20 seconds or until melted, snipping any large pieces of fruit. Drizzle melted preserves over the top of the bread.
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in peanuts.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 252,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 23,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 36,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 128,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet