Peach Melba Pie Pops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Sweetened Pastry for Double-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface roll half of the dough at a time into a 12-inch circle. Using a 2 1/2-inch round or scalloped cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds; reroll scraps as necessary (you should have 40 rounds total). Place half of the pastry cutouts 2 inches apart on parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets, allowing space for sticks. Spread each round with some of the raspberry jam, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Press lollipop sticks gently into the pastry cutouts on the baking sheets, about 3/4 way atop the round.
- Place pie filling in a medium bowl. Using kitchens scissors, snip fruit into small pieces. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and cinnamon.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the peach mixture onto the centers of the pastry cutouts on the baking sheets. Top each with a raspberry. Brush edges with milk. Top with the remaining pastry cutouts; seal edges with a fork. Brush with a little milk.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Using a spatula, transfer pastry pops to wire racks (do not pick up by sticks while hot); cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing reaches drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cooled cookies. If desired, sprinkle evenly with chopped almonds. Let stand until icing is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer pops between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (Peach Melba Pie Pops)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 140 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet