- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry. For filling, combine sugar, flour, spices and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add fruit; toss. Transfer to pastry-lined pie plate. Drizzle with lime juice. Trim pastry. Roll remaining pastry into a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in pastry; place on filling. Trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge; fold under bottom pastry. Crimp edge. Combine egg white and 1 tablespoon water. Brush over pie. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon coarse sugar. Cover edge with foil. Place pie on middle oven rack with a foil-lined baking sheet on rack below. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil from pie; bake 25 minutes more or until filling is bubbly. Cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- In bowl combine 2 1/2 cups flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut in 3/4 cup shortening until pieces are pea size. Using 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk, sprinkle 1 tablespoon milk over mixture; toss with fork. Repeat 1 tablespoon at a time until moistened. Gather into a ball; knead gently. Divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Cover; set aside.
Pastry for Peach Mango Pie
- In a bowl combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle milk 1 tablespoon at a time over mixture, toss with fork, until moistened.
- Gather dough into a ball; knead gently. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Cover; set aside.
Nutrition Facts (Peach-Mango Pie)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 380 mg sodium,
- 73 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 40 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Suzanne Calce 305 Days Ago
can I freeze this pie or can I freeze just the filling?