White Beans, Pasta, and Chicken
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 3/4 cup of the beans and the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Place bean puree in pan used for cooking the pasta; bring to boiling. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining beans, shredded chicken, snipped parsley, pepper, and salt. Heat through.
- Add the tomato mixture to hot pasta; toss to coat. Top with parsley sprigs and additional olive oil. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (White Beans, Pasta, and Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 602 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 102 mg chol.,
- 1051 mg sodium,
- 87 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 49 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet