White Beans, Pasta, and Chicken
ounces dried cavatappi, fusilli, rotini, ditaloni, or other short pasta tubes
15 ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
cup chicken broth
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
tablespoon olive oil
plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
ounces cooked chicken, shredded
cup snipped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
teaspoon cracked black pepper
Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
Olive oil (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 3/4 cup of the beans and the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Place bean puree in pan used for cooking the pasta; bring to boiling. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining beans, shredded chicken, snipped parsley, pepper, and salt. Heat through.
- Add the tomato mixture to hot pasta; toss to coat. Top with parsley sprigs and additional olive oil. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(White Beans, Pasta, and Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 602 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 102 mg chol.,
- 1051 mg sodium,
- 87 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 49 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet