dried lasagna noodles
10 ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
15 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
cup chopped celery
cup chopped onion
cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
clove garlic, minced
cups fat-free ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
teaspoon black pepper
- Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to their package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan stir together tomato sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, celery, onion, sweet pepper, basil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Stir in cooked broccoli.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart glass baking dish). Top with half of the noodles, half of the filling, and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Vegetarian Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 250 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 42 mg chol.,
- 411 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet