- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil or oregano, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to their package directions; drain well. Set aside.
2. For sauce, in a large saucepan stir together tomato sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, celery, onion, sweet pepper, basil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, in a bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Stir in cooked broccoli.
4. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart glass baking dish). Top with half of the noodles, half of the filling, and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 250,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 42,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 31,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 20,
- vit. A (RE) 309,
- vit. C (mg) 45,
- sodium (mg) 411,
- calcium (mg) 495,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Vegetables () 3,
- Starch () 1,
- Lean Meat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet