This low-fat lasagna recipe is so chock-full of vegetables, you won't even miss the meat.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
- Stand: 10 mins
dried lasagna noodles
10 ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
15 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
cup chopped celery
cup chopped onion
cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
clove garlic, minced
cups fat-free ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
teaspoon black pepper
- Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to their package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan stir together tomato sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, celery, onion, sweet pepper, basil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Stir in cooked broccoli.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart glass baking dish). Top with half of the noodles, half of the filling, and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Vegetarian Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 250 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 42 mg chol.,
- 411 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBroccoli Salad Recipes, Casseroles, Diabetic Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes