- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces dried lasagna noodles (9 or 10 noodles)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 15 ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 8 ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in the flour and pepper; add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach, broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
4. To assemble, in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish, layer one-third of the noodles, folding or cutting to fit, if necessary. Spread with one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, then one-third of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat the layers twice. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
6. Makes 12 servings
- Substitute 6 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (12) for the dried lasagna noodles. Increase milk to 2 cups and spread 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture in the bottom of the dish before adding the first layer of noodles. Continue as directed above.
- Prepare as above through Step 4. Cover the unbaked lasagna with foil and chill for up to 48 hours. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 322,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 78,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 25,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 5,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 22,
- vit. A (IU) 5199,
- vit. C (mg) 14,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 89,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 388,
- Potassium (mg) 373,
- calcium (mg) 374,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Vegetables () 2,
- Starch () 1,
- Medium-Fat Meat () 2,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet