9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
cups torn mixed greens
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
medium yellow or red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
cup snipped fresh basil
cup white wine vinegar or white vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup fat-free toasted garlic-and-onion croutons
- In a large saucepan, cook the tortellini according to package directions, except omit oil and salt; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine tortellini, mixed greens, mushrooms, sweet pepper, and basil.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine white wine vinegar, water, oil, sugar, garlic, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over tortellini mixture; toss to coat.
- Divide the tortellini mixture among four serving bowls or plates. Top with the croutons. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Tortellini-Vegetable Salad)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 30 mg chol.,
- 288 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet