This salad is a hearty main dish meal. The vinaigrette, with little oil, has few calories while allowing the flavors of the salad to come through.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
cups torn mixed greens
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
medium yellow or red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
cup snipped fresh basil
cup white wine vinegar or white vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup fat-free toasted garlic-and-onion croutons
- In a large saucepan, cook the tortellini according to package directions, except omit oil and salt; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine tortellini, mixed greens, mushrooms, sweet pepper, and basil.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine white wine vinegar, water, oil, sugar, garlic, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over tortellini mixture; toss to coat.
- Divide the tortellini mixture among four serving bowls or plates. Top with the croutons. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Tortellini-Vegetable Salad)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 30 mg chol.,
- 288 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesDinner Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes