Thai Shrimp and Sesame Noodles
pounds fresh or frozen medium shrimp
cup bottled reduced-calorie Italian viniagrette
tablespoons chunky peanut butter
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
teaspoon crushed red pepper
teaspoons toasted sesame oil
8 ounce package dried capellini or angel hair pasta
tablespoon cooking oil
medium carrots, bias-sliced
green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels; set aside. In a small bowl combine the viniagrette, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, crushed red pepper, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Prepare capellini or angel hair pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir- fry carrots and green onions for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok. Add shrimp, half at a time, to wok. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Add the dressing mixture to the wok. Cook and stir until heated through. Return shrimp and vegetables to the wok. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in cooked pasta, tossing to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Thai Shrimp and Sesame Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 532 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 217 mg chol.,
- 733 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet